Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Losing the baby weight

So the time has come to drop the "baby weight" that has made it's home on my hips, belly, legs and just about every where else. For the mamas out there you know the last thing us ladies want to do while carrying around another human during the third trimester is put on sneakers and climb on a treadmill. That is if your sneakers even fit, which mine barely did over my swollen ankles. Thankfully all my shoes fit now because for the last few weeks of pregnancy I was limited to ugg boots and bedroom shoes (not lying)! 

The first few weeks after delivery the weight dropped pretty quickly. I contribute that to being so busy and exhausted to eat the first 2 weeks, breastfeeding and all the water weight that goes away pretty quickly. So far I have lost 20+ pounds. That may sound like a lot but I still have away to go before hitting my goal weight. Not to go into specifics but I gained the upper part of the "healthy weight gain" during pregnancy, but I wasn't at my best prior to pregnancy so I have a little bit more than baby weight to lose. 

For those out there that aren't aware, basically the only thing new mamas can do during the first 6 weeks after delivery is light walking and a little bit of weights. So I still have a little less than 2 weeks before I can start a "normal" work out plan, but I have started to clean up my eating from all the pregnancy cravings. 

I'm going to start a weekly post to keep myself motivated to be able to lose an extra 20 pounds (so a total of 40) and track my progress each week. The pictures below are me prior to pregnancy (1 month before), during pregnancy and now (last week).


 Disclaimer: Excuse the "before" photo, it was the last full body picture I took prior to pregnancy. 
I was trying on new pants....that now I am trying to get back into. The irony.

All positive and encouraging words are welcomed during this journey! 





No comments:

Post a Comment