Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Back into society



As my first blog post I figured I should give some back ground information for everyone. On February 13 at 5:23 in the afternoon, our beautiful daughter made her arrival into our lives. She came right in the middle of the biggest snow storm in years.  We guess she wanted to make sure that she made a memorable arrival!

Rewind back 9 months before to when we found out we were expecting our little snow bunny. We came home from a weekend at the beach and I had that “feeling” that something was different. I woke up on Monday morning before work and decided to take the test that will forever change your life. I sat there shaking for the longest 2-3 minutes of my life waiting to see if my “hunch” was correct or not. As it showed “pregnant” I ran into the room to wake my sleeping husband to let him know. You want to know what his first words were?  “Let me try and pee on the stick”. Yup. That is exactly what he said. 



Now our daughter is almost 1 month old and I am slowly getting back into society. I felt like I have been going a little stir crazy staying in the house! When you have a newborn and you are running off 3 hours of sleep you can go days without realizing that you have been in your pajamas the whole time. I have begun forcing myself to finally get in a routine and take some time out of the days for me (like blogging!). 

 Nola heading out to do some shopping.

I feel like I have slowly started to become a citizen of society again!  Bring back on the date nights, girl’s nights, coffee shops, couponing and weekly Target runs…all in moderation of course ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great Job Love - couldn't be more proud to be your husband and coupon assistant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete